Friday, October 25, 2013

My Gift To My Blog Readers

So my lovely readers, here is my gift as promise.  Please PM me at fanfiction.net (My Fanfiction.net Profile) or leave a comment here about your thoughts.  Yes, it's another filler, but those will slowly come to an end.  I promise the next chapter's going to push a plot along.  So let's get to the sneek peek I promised all of you.  Actually, ah, I'm giving you guys the entire chapter.  So that's why I want your thoughts.  I'll be posting the chapter with the story early next month.  So enjoy and please tell me what you think.



Chapter 27

A week later, Jareth found himself standing in the schoolroom watching the Wiseman teaching a new student. Toby was paying semi-attention to his teacher, very much like he had when he was the student in this room years ago.

The Wiseman continued on as if Toby was paying attention, just as he had when it had been Jareth sitting at the desk. Jareth hid a smile as Toby did his best to pay attention.

Finally, Jareth walked fully into the schoolroom causing the Wiseman to become silent.

"Ah, Your Majesty, what brings you back to this room? If I remember correctly, you ran out in joy when your father finally said you were finished." He looked at his king with a gleam in his eyes.

"I'm sorry for interrupting, but I need to take your student away for the day I'm afraid."

The Wiseman nodded. "Very well." He turned towards Toby. "On with you, Young Tobias. We'll continue with your studies tomorrow."

Toby slowly stood up from his desk. He bowed quickly before walking over to Jareth. He looked up at Jareth once he reach him.

"What's going on?"

Jareth smiled at him. "You're not in trouble." He lead Toby out of the room and away from the Wiseman's ears. "I also thought you might enjoy some time away from the classroom."

Toby nodded as he walked beside his brother-in-law. "He gets kinda boring after awhile."

Jareth nodded. "I know that very well, in fact."

They continued down the corridor. Toby glanced up at Jareth every once in awhile. When they past the Throne room, Toby stared at him. "Where are we going?"

Jareth lead him to the exit to the Goblin City. "I have someone I wish you to meet."

Two goblin guards opened the grand doors and bowed to their king as he and the Queen's brother walked past. Toby followed slightly behind Jareth as they past the Market."

Jareth glanced down at Toby as they neared a shoppe with a picture of toys on its sign.

Jareth stopped at the door and turned towards Toby. "Toby, I know you've had to deal with quite a bit over the last few months. I've asked the owner of this shoppe to make you something special. I haven't told your sister about this. I've also asked him to make a gift for your sister."

Toby nodded. "Sarah deserves something nice."

Jareth smiled. "I completely agree, but so do you." Jareth pushed the door open. "You first, Toby."

Toby walked into the shoppe. He got quite a bit into the store before he froze as Jareth walked in a closed the door.

Toby looked around with large eyes at all the toys. "Wow!"

A door in the back opened, and out walked a jolly old man.

Toby's eyes grew even wider when he noticed the man.

Jareth nodded at the man. "Ah, Klass. We've come for the things I requested a few weeks ago."

Klass nodded. "We just finished them. Come in the back, and we'll get you all set."

Jareth walked towards him gently steering Toby as he went. "Lead the way, Klass."

Klass moved back into the backroom as Jareth and Toby entered.

The backroom screamed Santa's workshop. There were small people who looked like elves working hard on making toys.

Jareth steered Toby past the workers as he followed Klass towards another room. He almost chuckled at the fact Toby had yet to realize just who Klass was.

Klass waited by the door as Jareth and Toby walked in the smaller room. "They came out quite nicely. We still have plenty of time to be ready."

Toby looked around the room. "Ready for what, Sir?"

Klass laughed. "Why December 24th, my boy."

Toby's eyes grew wide. "You're ......."


Klass nodded. "I'm also known as Santa Claus."

Toby looked up at Jareth. "Are we at the North Pole?"

"No, we're in Klass's workshop. It does have doors leading into your old world at the North Pole."

Toby nodded vaguely.

Jareth nodded at Klass. "Well, let us see them, Klass. I don't want to take up too much more of your time than need to be."

Klass nodded. "Let me get them out of the cabinet." He moved to the built in cabinet and opened the doors. Pulling two boxes out, he faced Jareth. "I believe they came out very well." He sat them down on a worktable on the other side of the room.

Jareth walked over as Klass opened the first box. He smiled when he saw what was inside.

"It looks exactly like the one she lost."

Klass laughed. "Well, I did make the original." He closed the box and moved to the other. "I'm sure she'll appreciate it. Now for the lad."

Jareth glanced over his shoulder. "Come here, Toby, and see what's for you."

Toby walked over and stood tipped toed to see what was inside his box. "Wow."

Jareth grinned at Toby. "I thought you would like it. I had one similar to it when I was about your age."

Toby pulled the toy soldiers out of the box. "This is neat."

Jareth nodded as he picked up the other box. "Well, we'll leave you to finish and be on our way."

Klass nodded. "All right. I'll show you out."

The trio walked back through the shoppe to the entrance.

Klass held the door open for Jareth and Toby as they walked out. "I do hope to see you again, Your Majesty."

Jareth nodded as he walked past. "You more than likely will."

Jareth lead Toby back to the Castle. As they walked up the stairs to the Grand Entrance, Toby glanced up at Jareth.

"What did you get for Sarah anyway?"

"Something she lost in the fire. I hope she likes it."

Toby hugged his soldiers. "I don't know what it is,but I hope so too."

The pair walked in to the Castle. Jareth lead Toby to his room before going to his study. He sat the box on his desk. He would give it to Sarah at dinner, and just hopefully she would like it and not throw it in his face.

No comments:

Post a Comment