Tuesday, December 30, 2014

About Chapter 1 of Nothing Is What It Seems

Thanks for the reviews of Chapter 1of Nothing Is What It Seems, but I had a reason for writing the chapter the way I did.

I wrote it to be closer to the movie versus the fairy tale I'm using as the base.  Here's the link to the version I'm using as my inspiration (Cat-skin). 

Yes, I could had completely rewrote the story and have it where they ever had met before, and say she was a princess from a neighboring Kingdom.  But I wanted a sequel to the movie not a complete new tale.


Not all "parents" are nice people.  I could tell you stories, but I won't.  I can recommend a book written by David Pelzer called A Child Called It.  (It is very sad and may be a bit too graphic for some.)  I had it read in class when I was in High School.  A parent can be cruel to their own childern.  We've seen it before.

I made Irene into the Evil Stepmother.  It's all Irene's doing.  Sarah's father is just trying to keep peace, but has failed.  It's a fairy tale based off of a fairy tale.  It's that simple.

So hopefully, that ends this.

Thanks and love,
CL

No comments:

Post a Comment